The Allegheny County Democratic Committee is always seeking passionate and talented individuals to intern with us. These positions are great opportunities to familiarize oneself with the local political process, gain the skills necessary to become valuable staff members of a political campaign, and interact with numerous elected officials across the county and state.
Intern job responsibilities fall into three general categories:
- Assisting in compiling weekly e-blasts containing relevant news from the week and upcoming events to ACDC subscribers
- Assisting in maintaining Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Assisting in keeping the website updated with ACDC news, events, as well as stories from county, state and national politics
- Increasing size of ACDC social media network
- Maintaining list of 3,500 committee members
- Creating lists in Votebuilder (voter file – training will be provided)
- Great opportunity to learn about local political structure and gain proficiency with Votebuilder/VAN
- Large-scale event planning, including our annual Endorsement Meeting in March
- Answering phone calls
- Large-scale event planning
- Data input
If you’d like to learn more about our internship program, fill out the form below and a staff member will contact you.